Moving is already stressful. On top of the packing and hauling and pivoting, once you have everything packed into the truck, you’re supposed to become a professional driver who can navigate city streets in a giant vehicle. It’s time to look into alternatives to moving trucks and Big Blue Boxes are a great place to start.
There’s a better way to move. Learn all the benefits of moving with Big Blue Boxes and compare our services to what U-Haul has to offer. You might never have to drive that big box truck ever again!
Big Blue Boxes vs. U-Haul: A Moving Truck Comparison
Benefits of Using Moving Truck Alternatives
There are many benefits to moving with alternatives to U-Haul such as Big Blue Boxes. Moving will never be easy but we can make the process simpler. Here are some benefits to consider:
- Time: U-Haul is scheduled on an hourly to 24-hour basis. Big Blue Box rental starts on a monthly basis. This means you can take your time moving, carefully packing and organizing. You might also want to take advantage of the time after you’ve moved, keeping your belongings in the Big Blue Box as you clean carpets, paint or complete renovations.
- Flexibility: Want more time? After the first month, monthly rentals can be prorated.
- Secure: When you pack away all your belongings, you want to make sure that your container is secure. Big Blue Boxes are made with 100% steel and have double doors with five different locking points including a lockbox that blocks determined potential thieves from cutting U-locks.
- Weatherproof: Summer storms? Winter blizzards? Keep everything dry when you pack your belongings in containers that were made to weather the high seas.
- Clean: Our boxes are inspected prior to delivery to ensure the boxes are clean and in good condition.
- Ease of Use: Our professional drivers can pick up your container and deliver it where you need it. No need to drive a giant truck full of all your worldly possessions to your new home.
Moving Containers, Not Just for Renting
Do you require permanent storage? You can buy a Big Blue Box for your property. We offer modifications such as doors, vents and shelving. No longer require your Big Blue Box? We’ll take it off your hands as we also buy used containers.
Larger Container Sizes, Customizable Features
When you’re moving your whole household, the last thing you want is to split up your belongings. As a roomier moving truck rental alternative, a Big Blue Box allows you to move everything all at once while staying organized and keeping all your belongings together.
- 20′ x 8′ x 8.5′: The Big Blue Box moving container is ideal for a three-bedroom home while U-Haul’s shippable box option can only haul a room and a half. A Big Blue Box is also 25% bigger than PODs.
- 40′ x 8′ x 8.5′: This container size cannot be moved when fully loaded. However, it’s perfect for storing belongings if you’re remodeling and need secure storage for your belongings.
- All containers are customizable. Want a permanent unit that suits your needs? We can add shelving, lights, doors and vents on request.
COR-TEN™ Steel and Weatherproofing
When it comes to the BBB vs. U-Haul comparison, Big Blue Boxes’ weatherproofing and security reign supreme. Since they were originally manufactured to weather the high seas, Big Blue Boxes containers are made of 100% COR-TEN™ steel which protects your belongings from the elements. The heavy steel and multiple locking points provide protection against theft as well. Moving is stressful enough without worrying about your belongings. Renting a Big Blue Box adds peace of mind to the packing process.
Interested in Using Big Blue Boxes as a U-Haul Moving Truck Alternative?
If you’re getting ready to move, we could have a Big Blue Box at your house within one to five days. Our rentals start with a one-month lease, giving you time to get packed while staying organized. Get a free quote to get started.
Have more questions? Contact our friendly customer service team to find out if our services will work for you. Here are a few frequently asked questions to get you started:
How much room do I need for a Big Blue Box delivery?
Minimal space is required for delivery. For a 20-foot storage container, 80 feet of straight clearance is needed. 40-foot storage containers will need approximately 100 feet of straight clearance. The width requirement is approximately 10 feet, plus enough room for the truck to swing back into place.
How is the storage container delivered?
Our Big Blue Boxes are delivered using a specially designed rollback truck. We gently set one end of the storage container on the ground, then pull away underneath it. When we pick up the container, the bed of our truck rolls back to gently lift your container back on the truck.
What surfaces can handle a Big Blue Box?
Our containers can be delivered on any surface that is fairly level, smooth, and firm. We can deliver many surfaces such as cement, pavement, asphalt and gravel.
How far do you deliver?
If your move is originating in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, California or Arizona, Big Blue Boxes can be delivered to virtually any destination in the world. Live outside of the states listed? Call us to find out about additional service areas.
Move smart. Discover an efficient, secure moving truck rental alternative. Keep your belongings safe and organized when you rent a Big Blue Box. Contact us now and have your box delivered where you need it within the week!